Muscadines?

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Muscadines?

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Does anyone know where I might find a (somewhat local) pick-your-own vineyard that grows muscadines? I'd really like to make some muscadine wine this year, but don't know anyone who grows them. Internet searches show very few, and none that are local. If you know of any, please let me know.

Thanks!
Dave
GuitarLord5000

Postby aleguy » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:57 am

The locals I've talked to have all said they just cruise through the bayous and pick wild ones on the banks. I'm told they grow like weeds around the Atchafalaya basin. Don't know if it's true.
aleguy

Postby alms66 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:00 am

There's a guy where I work that asked me to make him some muscadine wine with the ones he has in his yard. Since I've never made one before, and I don't really have any interest in making wine, I suggested that he go to Marcello's and they'd help him make it himself - since he'll obviously be doing it every year anyway. I don't think he's done that yet though, so if you're interested, I'll ask him if he'd like to talk to you about making a deal where he provides the muscadines, you make the wine and ya'll split it somehow. It'll be Monday at the earliest that I can talk to him and if you do want to make a deal with him I'll PM you his name and number (when I get it).
alms66

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Hey alms,

I appreciate the idea. However, this would be the first time I made Muscadine wine, and I don't want to mess up a 5 gallon batch of someone else's wine. I've got a contact where I might be able to get the muscadines I want. Thanks for the offer!

Cheers
Dave
GuitarLord5000

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum