Water Modifications with LUS water

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Water Modifications with LUS water

Postby lsubrewer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:05 am

I recently moved to Lafayette, and got my water report. I was wondering what the home brewers' added to their water? Also if anyone wants a copy of my water report I would be happy to attach it.
lsubrewer

Re: Water Modifications with LUS water

Postby jimmiec » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:34 am

It would be awesome if you would post a copy of your water report and the time the sample was taken. We should get some done through out the year and see how LUS water changes seasonally.

I just have a .5 micron and chlorine filters. I'm still working recipes and don't add anything to my brewing water, except camden tablet for chloramines. pH is just fine. May be should bump the chlorides and/or sulfates for hoppy beers. However, I think the freshest ingredients is more important.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:01 pm

The problem with the water here is that it changes throughout the year. On a homebrew level, it's not that big of a deal, and all I ever did was use a charcoal filter and add Five Star 5.2 stabilizer.
Some of the homebrewers in the area use an RO filter and add back salts to suit each recipe.
On a professional brewery level, I don't think you could brew a consistent beer with the water in Lafayette. At Cajun Brewing, we use an RODI filter and build back the water with salts specific to each recipe.
triple-oh_six

Postby lsubrewer » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:03 pm

sorry for the delay but this is what they gave me, it was from may 2014.
I am anti 5.2 because i have noticed salty brews. So I am just adding stuff to the water mainly gypsum with a lil calcium chloride, and tiny bit epsom salt.
Attachments
typical analysis May ~14 rev.doc
(41.5 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
lsubrewer

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum