Gulf Brew 2014

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Gulf Brew 2014

Postby triple-oh_six » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:15 am

Saturday October 18, 2014 is GulfBrew

We are asking for donations of beer, and volunteers to help serve, and assist with the brew demo.
If you donate beer, or volunteer to help, you will get free admission to the event.
The Dead Yeast Society has been a big part of this event since the first year, and we always impress with our beer. Please help us to keep up the tradition.

If you plan on donating beer, please comment with the amount, style, and if possible, a description so we can add it to the "brew book"
If you are going to volunteer, please comment so I know how many people we will have. We were told that this year we need a list of volunteers to get free passes.

This is not necessarily a club event, but it is really fun, and it is great publicity for the DYS. And all proceeds go to the Acadiana Center for the Arts, which, in my opinion, is an appropriate charity for our art.
If you volunteer, I promise you will have a great time, and drink many beers. I have yet to hear of someone that had a bad time "working" at this event.

Prost!

Beer Donations
5g - Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter - 0006
10g - English Barleywine - 0006 & DYS
5 gallons Ghana Chocolate Pumpkin Porter - jimmiec (made)
5 gallons Pumpkin Ale - jimmiec (made)
5 gallons Hefeweizen - jimmiec
5 gallons American Wheat (I'll list hops once made) - jimmiec
5 gallons Pale Ale (I'll list hops once made) - jimmiec
5 gallons APA - HebertJoshua

Volunteers
Demo - 0006
Taps - Kent
HebertJoshua
triple-oh_six

Re: Gulf Brew 2014

Postby jimmiec » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:38 pm

I plan on starting to brew again here soon with the return of cooler weather. I can donate the following:

5 gallons Ghana Chocolate Pumpkin Porter - jimmiec (made)
5 gallons Pumpkin Ale - jimmiec (made)
5 gallons Pale Ale with Amarillo and Centennial - jimmiec (made)
Last edited by jimmiec on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:24 am, edited 7 times in total.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby HebertJoshua » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:54 pm

I plan on donating 5 gallons of an APA (Chinook bittering, Cascade and Citra flavor/aroma). I will need to borrow a keg from someone or the club in order to donate. I am also putting my name in the volunteering pool.
HebertJoshua

Postby HebertJoshua » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:38 am

Brewed that APA today. It should be ready to keg around the 9th. How will I go about acquiring a keg to use while this batch is at the festival?
HebertJoshua

Postby triple-oh_six » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:04 pm

HebertJoshua wrote:Brewed that APA today. It should be ready to keg around the 9th. How will I go about acquiring a keg to use while this batch is at the festival?

I'll find out and get back to you as soon as I find out.
triple-oh_six

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:05 pm

triple-oh_six wrote:
HebertJoshua wrote:Brewed that APA today. It should be ready to keg around the 9th. How will I go about acquiring a keg to use while this batch is at the festival?

When are you going to need to keg?

Is there anybody who can volunteer to help Joshua out, since this will be his first time kegging? We can provide a keg for him.
triple-oh_six

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:48 pm

The tasting of donations for Gulf Brew will be at Cajun Brewing, Friday October 17 at 6:00. We invite club members to attend, especially if you are contributing to Gulf Brew in some way.
You can drop the beer off at the brewery after next week (make arrangements so that Gene or Zeke will be there), or bring it to Marcello's, and I will bring it to the brewey. Just try and get your beer to us by that Thursday, so it has time to settle for the tasting. Thankyou in advance for whatever you can give!
Please reply if you can volunteer, or list what beer you can donate.
triple-oh_six

Postby HebertJoshua » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:56 am

triple-oh_six wrote:
triple-oh_six wrote:

When are you going to need to keg?

Is there anybody who can volunteer to help Joshua out, since this will be his first time kegging? We can provide a keg for him.

I'll be dry hopping today (9/29) and this Thursday (10/2) will be the 14 days mark in primary. I do not have work at all Friday, that would be a great day to keg for me if anyone can help me out.
HebertJoshua

Postby jimmiec » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:44 pm

HebertJoshua, I could help you keg this weekend but not Friday night. I'd be available after 8AM on Saturday morning and then going to head to Octoberfest sometime early afternoon. I could help out on Sunday too, after 12PM. Let me know if you want to get together and keg your beer.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby HebertJoshua » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:26 am

jimmiec wrote:HebertJoshua, I could help you keg this weekend but not Friday night. I'd be available after 8AM on Saturday morning and then going to head to Octoberfest sometime early afternoon. I could help out on Sunday too, after 12PM. Let me know if you want to get together and keg your beer.

I would get off of work around 4 Sunday, if that works.
HebertJoshua

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:37 am

We will be doing a pre-tasting for all the homebrew that we will be serving at Gulf Brew this Friday 6PM at Marcello's. Club members are invited to attend.

If you are donating beer, please have it there as early as possible so it has time to settle by 6, a couple of hours before at least, but you can drop kegs off anytime from now until then.

Please make sure that your kegs are labeled with the style and your name, and if you'd like, ABV and any additional info.
Labels should be somewhat water resistant, and attached to the top of the keg. Masking tape folded back onto itself, wrapped around the handle works just fine.
This is important so we know what we are serving and so you can get your keg back.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.
triple-oh_six

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum