Club Benefits

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Club Benefits

Postby alms66 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:09 pm

I looked over the DYS website, but didn't find any information on the benefits of being in the club. I mean, there's the obvious shared knowledge, getting to "talk shop" with other brewers and the samplings, but is there anything more than that? Is there beer trading or cheaper ingredients availbable through the club - anything like that?
alms66

Postby Imakewort » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:27 pm

I feel there is a lot of benefits to belonging to a club, shared knowledge, other brewers to judge your beer, we have a yeast bank with a lot of different types of yeast, going in on bulk grain, just belonging to a club the camaradie of fellow brewers, club functions. What are you looking for? A club is what you make of it, you can show up once and say not for me or be involved and help make it something better, the choice is yours. I meet a lot of new brewers who expect to turn out world class beer the first time as in everything it takes time and patience to learn, come to a couple of meetings and see, we also have a lot of unoffical club functions that you can be involved in or not the choice is yours.
Imakewort

Postby triple-oh_six » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:42 pm

We also get a 10% discount on ingredients and supplies from Marcello's.
triple-oh_six

Postby alms66 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:36 am

I wasn't looking for anything specific, just looking for the information itself - perhaps you guys should add it to the website somewhere. I saw that there was a yeast bank on the website, but not how it worked. I assumed there was some sort of bulk grain sharing too, but again, didn't know how it worked.

Just FYI, I've been brewing for about a year, started with extract+grain but mostly doing partial mashes now, so I'm not a total noob. :D However, I am still doing a bunch of experimenting, finding grains, hops and styles that I like the most, still I've already got people lining up and begging for my beer!!

Thanks - to both of you. That's the sort of information I was looking for. For $25 a year (that's right isn't it?), that seems like a real bargain. Can I just show up at the next meeting, pay the dues and sit in or some other way would be better?
Last edited by alms66 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alms66

Postby Imakewort » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:42 am

We have a meeting tonight hope to see you there
Imakewort

Postby aleguy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:31 pm

I believe the time was moved up to 5pm
aleguy

Postby alms66 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 pm

Unfortunately, I already had plans for Tuesday night, but I'll keep an eye out for the next one.

Btw aleguy, I'll be bottling two batches (a sweet mead and a pale ale) using your bottles this weekend, and thanks again. :D
alms66

Postby aleguy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:58 pm

Happy they found a good home.
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum