NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR GULFBREW!!!

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR GULFBREW!!!

Postby triple-oh_six » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Well, I'm not sure what happened, but everyone seems to have bailed out on Gulf Brew this year.

For one reason, or another, this year we have less than 10% of the volunteers that we had last year, And even less beer donors.

If you are available to help, in any way, or have any beer to contribute, PLEASE do. We have been the headliners at this event since the first one, 5 or 6 years ago, and we'd like to keep our reputation in tact.

Please reply to this post if you can help.

Thanks,
triple-oh_six

Postby EnglishBrew » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:22 am

I'll volunteer. Emily might also.
EnglishBrew

Postby sdspespo1 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:07 am

I can help. I have been communicating with Gene.
sdspespo1

Postby the german » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:10 am

I'll try to make it for 7/21. :D
the german

Postby avatar » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:52 pm

I'll be there to help out.

Postby EnglishBrew » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:58 am

When and where should all the volunteers show up? Thanks.
EnglishBrew

Postby sdspespo1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Things seem to be very disjointed regarding Gulf brew. I dropped off two kegs today and no one at Marcellos had any idea of what was going on. Last year I was new to the club and did not have a clue as to how things worked... this year as a board member I still do not have any idea of how things are working. It is getting close to go time and there does not seem to be a plan. We need one of us who has done this for a while to let us know.. que paso?? 8)
sdspespo1

Postby aleguy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Relax. Usually only Kevin and maybe one other person at Marcellos knows what is going on. It will be fine. Just hope you guys don't run out of beer this year. That would be the first time since the first Gulf Brew when EVERYONE ran out of beer.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby triple-oh_six » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:04 pm

sdspespo1 wrote:Things seem to be very disjointed regarding Gulf brew. I dropped off two kegs today and no one at Marcellos had any idea of what was going on. Last year I was new to the club and did not have a clue as to how things worked... this year as a board member I still do not have any idea of how things are working. It is getting close to go time and there does not seem to be a plan. We need one of us who has done this for a while to let us know.. que paso?? 8)

Everything's cool, and under control (for the most part)

I'd like to thank everybody that has volunteered, for stepping up to help. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Yeastmeister and I have been planning behind the scenes, and things are about as on track as we can hope for.

We will likely be picking up kegs from Marcello's around 10am, and starting to set up at the event around the same time. If you are available to help in the morning, either show up at Marcellos (I'll find out what time Gene will be there) or meet me at Gulf Brew, I'll be there by 11am at the latest.

I'll update this post as I get more details ironed out.

Again, thanks to all of you that are helping.

Prost,
triple-oh_six

Postby sdspespo1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 am

Ok, but it made me a little concerned when I asked Kevin yesterday and he said he had no clue. How does it work with tickets for those who have donated beer. I was going to give one to a guest so they don't have to buy one but it is getting to the point that I may have to tell them to buy one. egg on my face :oops:
sdspespo1

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:50 pm

sdspespo1 wrote:Ok, but it made me a little concerned when I asked Kevin yesterday and he said he had no clue. How does it work with tickets for those who have donated beer. I was going to give one to a guest so they don't have to buy one but it is getting to the point that I may have to tell them to buy one. egg on my face :oops:

Don't worry about it, Kevin has very little to do with Gulf Brew, he only stores the beer for us and donates ingredients for the brew.
Technically, the free tix you get for donating beer are supposed to be for you and your spouse, but we should have enough to spare.
They hand us the wristbands at the event.
triple-oh_six

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum