my first all grain beer

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Postby aleguy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 am

Chill sme and make sure it's properly carbonated. After that you can stoe it warm or cold. Your choice.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby Frankenbrew » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:33 am

In reply to the thermometer I was using. It was off. I was using a short cooking thermometer that went up to 220 degrees ferenhight. The new thermometer I got with my new 7 gallon stew pot goes to 400 degrees. I put them both in the same pot when trying to reach my 150 temp for the mash and the smaller thermometer was 10 or more degrees off. I found that after 100 degrees the gadgets got radically off sync. So I guess by chance on this previous brew I was hitting the right temp because I read some miss information on a web site the day before.

The only thing now is how to test this new one and how accurate it is or just buy a fractrometer.
There's only two things you can be sure of in life. Sex and death. But at least after death you don't feel nauseous.

-woody allen
Frankenbrew

Postby aleguy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:28 am

Should read 32 in ice water and 212 in boiling water. That's a pretty universal calibration check.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby Frankenbrew » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:37 pm

The small one is just broken. The big one is good.
There's only two things you can be sure of in life. Sex and death. But at least after death you don't feel nauseous.

-woody allen
Frankenbrew

Previous

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum