Motorizing malt mill

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Postby aleguy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:38 pm

It looks a lot like Redtails motor. But it is only 1/12 th horsepower. Still, with that much torque it should work. I can't say about the capacitor. Yeasty is the electronics guy. But at that price and paying standardbshipping, this looks like the right dealmto me!
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby redtail28 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:46 pm

I would keep looking
" Jeder muÃ? an etwas glauben, und ich glaube, ich trinke noch einen."
redtail28

motors for mills

Postby david79thomas » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:43 am

Can we find a store locally or online that regularly carries motors we can use for mills and add that to the best deals on brew stand parts thread? May need the same for Asco Valves. I understand ebay has used parts that are cheaper, but at least we would know what to look for and if all else fails, we could fall back on the store that has them in stock regularly.
david79thomas

Postby aleguy » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:24 am

Dave, i like the 1/4" 8262 Asco valves. You can usually get them on ebay fpr $10 - $15 each with shipping. Thay're nearly always available. Redtail and Jimiec have been using them very successfully for quite some time. Just make certain you get 1/4" not 1/8".
As far as local stores are concerned, i don't think anyone's found one that carries the right motors. What we are looking for tend to be rather unusual.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Previous

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum