Volunteers at 2012 Louisiana Homebrew Clubs Brewing Comp

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Volunteers at 2012 Louisiana Homebrew Clubs Brewing Comp

Postby jimmiec » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:31 pm

The 2012 Louisiana Homebrew Clubs Brewing Comp is coming up March 31, 2012. Details of the event can be found at: The 2012 Louisiana Homebrew Clubs Brewing Competition!

Anyone wanting to volunteer to help with organizing, judging, stewarding, and / or cooking at the event should Private Message GuitarLord5000 and / or jimmiec. Definitions and duties performed by these individuals are detailed in the Staff, Judge and Steward Definitions section of the Judge Procedures Manual. No experience is needed. We will find something challenging and fun for you to do. It would be nice to double up on some of the tasks in case someone can not make it for some reason (e.g., work).

Cooking would involve in organizing and preparing food and drinks for everyone at the event. It sounds like some of the sponsors, which are out of state, maybe coming to the event and it would be nice to have some LA food (whether it is Cajun or Creole).

We may have enough donations for a raffle of some kind, if someone would want to organize and staff it.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby jimmiec » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Also probably need some beer and food too.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby Frankenbrew » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:32 pm

I will not be able to make it. I'll be in Dallas. If I didn't need the money I would have been there. I did make a beer yesterday but it is a IPA or pale ale. I could put it in but not sure it will win anything. But if there is a category for it I can enter it if you like.
There's only two things you can be sure of in life. Sex and death. But at least after death you don't feel nauseous.

-woody allen
Frankenbrew

Postby jimmiec » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:46 pm

It up too you but there is the Pale Ale category you could enter in. Take a look at the Entry Process. Winning is not the most important but to get some critical feedback on what aromas and flavors are present and may be some improvement ideas. Also might help in packaging process.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby aleguy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Yeah! My last Pale Ale was crap! But I will probably enter it anyway just to support the club.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby Frankenbrew » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:02 am

This is my first beer I made with the two row so I'll put some in the bottles and the rest in the keg. If the keg is good, I'll submit the bottles. I'll be doping in the keg early so the bottles might be better not force carbed. Maybe ill bring a sample of both next nesting to see if there's a difference.

I'm also working on using root beer extract in a 2 gallon batch. Many that won will be at the next meeting too if I don't pour it down the drain. I had nothing but bad experiences with root beer making in the past. If anyone has tips besides don't do it then open a new post for me.
There's only two things you can be sure of in life. Sex and death. But at least after death you don't feel nauseous.

-woody allen
Frankenbrew

Postby triple-oh_six » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:35 pm

I'll volunteer to judge, and whatever else I can do. Sorry, no beer to contribute. I will be entering my pale ale though, so I guess I can't judge that category.
triple-oh_six

Postby jimmiec » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:14 am

Thanks, triple-oh_six.
malt waster
jimmiec

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum