How y'all iz?

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

How y'all iz?

Postby Charlie » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Off topic (sorry), but I was wondering how the tropical storm/depression was treating you guys. I've heard a lot of stuff from SE LA, but not much from your area.

We had some rain and wind, but no damage except it blew most of the squirrel nests out of my trees (tough tootles ;) ), and it looks like the thing has moved on.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie

Postby jimmiec » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Just about the same in Lafayette. Unfortunately I bought a NOAA and iPhone app and got a bunch of tornado watches and warning on saturday. The worst was getting alarms of tropical storm alarms Sunday morning. Thanks NOAA.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby alms66 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:27 am

The only major damage I've heard about is the flooding along the coast and a tree falling on a woman's house. I'm sure everyone's heard about those two by now though.
I had a dead branch fall out of one of my trees and hit my wooden fence. It knocked two planks off, which I'll go out and nail back on today or tomorrow. My dog's too big to fit through the cracks so I'm not in much of a rush on that one. :lol:
alms66

Postby aleguy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:07 am

No. she was a very gentle storm. We had more wind after it had passed than we had during the storm. it was mostly just a long drizzle with occaissional downpours. Got a lot of brewing/ wine/ melomel-making done though. The cool weather and gentle breezes were perfect for brewing after all that summer heat.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby Jerm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:01 pm

Stupid storm....

I got barely any rain (we are in a horrible drought, my yard is dead)

The wind tore my hop vines to shreads
Jerm

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum