Chick beer

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Chick beer

Postby aleguy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:18 pm

BEER EMERGENCY: There is a new gimmick beer coming to market soon called "Chick Beer." it is artificially colored pink to appeal to women. I propose that we brewers try to nip this in the bud by giving birth to a new beer style: American Pink Ale. (I'm NOT kidding people.) So let's get to brewing and develop a style of creamy pink Lusciousness than any man (or woman) would be proud to wrap their lips around.
Reinheitsgebot only people, please, no artificial dyes, fruit juices or other colorants. Just grain, water hops and yeast!
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby alms66 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:14 pm

This isn't Germany...
Screw Reinheitsgebot.
alms66

Postby aleguy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:07 pm

The reason for reinheitsgabot isn't anything to do with Germany. it's about the birth of a new indigenous American beer style. If you use fruit or fruit juice to color it, it's a fruit beer. Not a new style. If you use food coloring, it's just an artificially colored beer. The idea is to brew a pink beer without using any "cheats" so it remains qualified to become a recognized style in its own right.
aleguy

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:11 pm

No fruit. No food coloring. Follows Reinheitsgebot. Pink beer.

Good luck with that!
In extreme circumstances, the assailants can be stopped by removing the head or destroying the brain. I will repeat that: by removing the head or destroying the brain. - News Anchor, Shaun of the Dead
GuitarLord5000

Postby alms66 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:37 am

aleguy wrote:The reason for reinheitsgabot isn't anything to do with Germany. it's about the birth of a new indigenous American beer style. If you use fruit or fruit juice to color it, it's a fruit beer. Not a new style. If you use food coloring, it's just an artificially colored beer. The idea is to brew a pink beer without using any "cheats" so it remains qualified to become a recognized style in its own right.

I was just making fun of the fact that this stupid "law" is still in existence really...
alms66

Postby aleguy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:59 am

Yeah, well, In this case I have a very good reason for it. I'm not a stickler for the German Purity law in general. I think those guys would rollover in their graves if they knew what i put in my Pumpkin beer. :wink:
Guitarlord: I already have a starting recipe in mind that should give me a nice pink beer. All grain, no other colorants.
aleguy

Postby alms66 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:01 am

aleguy wrote:Yeah, well, In this case I have a very good reason for it. I'm not a stickler for the German Purity law in general.

Only a country that could unleash Nazi's on the world could continue to stick to such a ridiculous law for so long...
Only 4 ingredients allowed in beer - imagine a world where everyone followed that law. Ridiculous.
Anyway, back to the topic everyone... :)
alms66

Postby Imakewort » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:28 pm

best chick beer around is my apricot wheat, i call it panty remover.

Pink beer! pink beer! we don't need no stinking pink beer!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mad dog Brewery
I am not afraid to go fast, it's the crashing and burning that sucks
Corporal BN army
Imakewort

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:03 pm

aleguy wrote:Guitarlord: I already have a starting recipe in mind that should give me a nice pink beer. All grain, no other colorants.

Lol, that's great, but I'll have to see it to believe it!
In extreme circumstances, the assailants can be stopped by removing the head or destroying the brain. I will repeat that: by removing the head or destroying the brain. - News Anchor, Shaun of the Dead
GuitarLord5000

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Imakewort wrote:best chick beer around is my apricot wheat, i call it panty remover.

Feel free to PM me the recipe any time!
GuitarLord5000

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum