Hello from Cenla

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Postby aleguy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:06 am

I have far less desire to go to the GABF than to the AHC which is currently going on in San Diego. :? It seems like half my facebook friends are there and posting pics! :cry:
Come to Gulf Brew if you can. It's only a short drive down 49! :wink:
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby S. Parks » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:58 pm

Yep, I'll be heading up to Colorado for about a week during the GABF, and spend at least two days there. I tired doing it in one last year and there was just no way to sample that many beers in the time available. I can't wait!
S. Parks

Postby S. Parks » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:02 pm

I have to agree, AHC would be the ultimate. I just happen to have a good friend who brews who lives in Colorado Springs, so I plan my trip to see him each year around the GABF.
S. Parks

Postby Charlie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Hey Steve,

Cool! I had heard that there were some brewers in Alexandria, but no specifics.

Alexandria is a nice central location for the groups in LA. You guys should throw a shindig and invite us :lol:

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie

Postby jimmiec » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:03 pm

Camping in the fall would be nice.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby S. Parks » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:06 pm

That sounds awesome Charlie, just say when and we'll work it out. :D
S. Parks

Postby S. Parks » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:37 am

do you guys have pictures of your gear posted in here somewhere? :lol:
S. Parks

Postby S. Parks » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:19 am

I hope this works, I tried shrinking a pic of my rig to post. If it works I'll post more pics :P This is my new BSC460 controlled rig I'm building. I'll post my current rig next.
Attachments
012.JPG
latest progress on my RIMS build
012.JPG (57.68 KiB) Viewed 3049 times
S. Parks

Postby S. Parks » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:42 pm

The old trusty PID controlled brew rig.
Attachments
DSC02387.JPG
Old trusty
DSC02387.JPG (218.05 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
S. Parks

Postby aleguy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:45 am

Interesting! You hard-piped the liquid side. Something we generally frown upon for many reasons. But if it works for you . . .
Anyway, two automated rigs. That's pretty impressive. Either you've been brewing a loooong time, or you have a whole lot of time and money on your hands. We do have photos of some of our rigs in here somewhere. They might be on the members' only forum though. They won't look much like yours. We strive for cheap, simple and drunk-proof. (Well, most of us do.) No two of our rigs look much like another. Each one is a custom design from the ground up, usually incorporating the best ideas of the ones our members have built before. About the only thing the almost all have in common is that they're single-tier systems. All three burners are essentially at the same height.
aleguy

Postby S. Parks » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:45 pm

aleguy wrote:Interesting! You hard-piped the liquid side. Something we generally frown upon for many reasons. But if it works for you . . .
Anyway, two automated rigs. That's pretty impressive. Either you've been brewing a loooong time, or you have a whole lot of time and money on your hands. We do have photos of some of our rigs in here somewhere. They might be on the members' only forum though. They won't look much like yours. We strive for cheap, simple and drunk-proof. (Well, most of us do.) No two of our rigs look much like another. Each one is a custom design from the ground up, usually incorporating the best ideas of the ones our members have built before. About the only thing the almost all have in common is that they're single-tier systems. All three burners are essentially at the same height.

I wouldn't want to be frowned upon, just for hard piping the liquid side of my brew rig. :oops: Fortunately I have so much money and time on my hands I guess I can just waste the time away and enjoy it. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on until you pointed out I wasn't doing it the way you would. I apologize for anyone I've offended, A little positive, supported reinforcement might serve you well. :twisted: :wink:
S. Parks

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:59 pm

S. Parks wrote:I wouldn't want to be frowned upon, just for hard piping the liquid side of my brew rig. :oops: Fortunately I have so much money and time on my hands I guess I can just waste the time away and enjoy it. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on until you pointed out I wasn't doing it the way you would. I apologize for anyone I've offended, A little positive, supported reinforcement might serve you well. :twisted: :wink:

HA! :lol:

That made me smile! Thank you. That is all.

EDIT - BTW, nice stand! Very snazzy!
In extreme circumstances, the assailants can be stopped by removing the head or destroying the brain. I will repeat that: by removing the head or destroying the brain. - News Anchor, Shaun of the Dead
GuitarLord5000

Postby S. Parks » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks man. Enough said. Your club has done a lot of great things for the home brewing/craft beer community, and we at Shade Tree are glad to share your ranks, and I can't wait to meet all of you and share some home brews. Some of the best beer I have ever had was brewed on the stove with extract. A good brewer can make good beer with a pot, a stove, and good fermentation temp control, and a desire to make awesome beer.

Nobody in my club invented the brewing process, or the equipment needed to brew it, but through each others brewing experience, and the brewing experience we can all share, we will take this love of awesome beer to a place that will continue to shape the craft brew industry, and take our love of this craft to a new level. Anybody wanna brew! :D
S. Parks

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Word!

8)
In extreme circumstances, the assailants can be stopped by removing the head or destroying the brain. I will repeat that: by removing the head or destroying the brain. - News Anchor, Shaun of the Dead
GuitarLord5000

Postby aleguy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:43 am

S. Parks wrote:I wouldn't want to be frowned upon, just for hard piping the liquid side of my brew rig. :oops: Fortunately I have so much money and time on my hands I guess I can just waste the time away and enjoy it. I didn't realize how much I was missing out on until you pointed out I wasn't doing it the way you would. I apologize for anyone I've offended, A little positive, supported reinforcement might serve you well. :twisted: :wink:

Sheesh! Talk about SENSITIVE! :wink:
aleguy

PreviousNext

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum