Chugger Pumps have great customer service

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Chugger Pumps have great customer service

Postby yeastmeister » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Just an FYI -

When I purchased the 2 stainless replacement heads for my march pumps, I tried them out by pumping star san through them. They both appeared to be working fine. However, I did have a little trouble with one where I needed to fiddle with it to make it stop making noise when it ran. It sounded like it was scraping against the magnetic drive. Well, I eventually got it mounted by playing with the tightening of the screws, and all seemed well.

However, during my last 2 brews, inexplicably, one of my pumps would lose the connection with the magnetic drive, and stop pumping. I noticed eventually that it only happened when the pump started pumping hot liquid.

I called Chugger and told them that I had ordered 2 heads, one worked fine, and explained what the other was doing, and told them I thought that somehow it was out of tolerance and that was causing it to bind. They promptly offered to send me another one.

2 days later, I come home to a larger than expected package on my doorstep. They sent me an entire replacement pump with stainless head and not just a replacement stainless head.

The moral of the story is, even though I had a problem, they went above and beyond to fix the problem. Now I have a spare pump which is good because I like having spare everything.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby aleguy » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:40 am

spare wife too? :wink:
Seriously though, that is exactly what companies need to do to survive in this economy. I have had recent problems with Academy and Super One and have vowed never to spend another dime at either place. They act as if you owe them something when they try to screw you and are surprised when you tell them to "shove it."
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum