Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Baton Rouge gets serious about home brewing

Postby brewhaha » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Here is a link from 225 magizine featuring the B.R. club

http://225batonrouge.com/news/2010/oct/01/born-hop/
brewhaha

Postby aleguy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:05 pm

Very strange article. If Daigrepont has 600 lbs of grain, why is he making extract beer? I also have to wonder about boiling the specialty malt. Is this a new technique? I also have to wonder why Daigrepont is still bottling everything. It seems that he might have invested in a few cornies.
Anyway, I guess that's about what you'd expect from a writer who wasn't willing to spend the time to learn her subject very well.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby Charlie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:30 pm

aleguy wrote:Very strange article....

Anyway, I guess that's about what you'd expect from a writer who wasn't willing to spend the time to learn her subject very well.

No kidding. I don't know what the Red Stick guys told the reporter, but that was totally screwed up!

The reporter at our local paper got it a little better in the MMMM article last April, but reporters appear to key on certain phrases, and then print them without context. Oh well, it's not like ABCMSNBCCBSCNN does any better. Next time we get interviewed I'm gonna work up a press release and give them a digital copy. Maybe their copy/paste skills are better than their listening skills.

Charlie (one can only hope!)
Charlie

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum