31%
Scottish Export 80 Shilling
54%
Rocktoberfest
15%

Total votes : 13

National Homebrew Day - May 1st - 2010

Postby yeastmeister » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:27 am

National Homebrew Day is May 1st this year. We will be participating in the AHA's Big Brew again this year by brewing outside of Marcello's again.

We need to decide which recipe we want to brew.
The recipes are here: http://wiki.homebrewersassociation.org/BigBrew2010

But I'll put up a voting system here.

Check out the recipes and then vote for your choice above.
Last edited by yeastmeister on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:49 pm

I just realized tthat I'll be in Florida that weekend for my Dad's Vietnam Vet reunion.
Sorry I won't be there :x Dammit!
triple-oh_six

Postby yeastmeister » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:17 am

Thats ok, we know you want to be there. Sorry, its a National event, so we can't change the date. :)
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby aleguy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:35 am

Like he said, it's a National event. Drop in on the local brew club down there. :wink:
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby triple-oh_six » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:11 am

I might try that, maybe Ft. Walton has a homebrew club, I'll internet it later.
triple-oh_six

Postby yeastmeister » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 am

Organizing time!

Ok this coming up weekend is it. We need to figure out again, who is bringing what.

I'm bringing a burner, my portable 9 gallon kettle, my igloo mash tun, my immersion chiller, Yeast, nutrient, an awning for shade, sanitizer, stirring spoons, the club grain for the batch.

Marcello's is donating the kit batch ingredients.

Bob Hess has volunteered to brew the extract beer. Bob, are you bringing your equipment to show off on, or do you want to use mine?

So, we need the following, plus anything else you guys can think of.

2 Carboys to ferment the batches in that can be left to ferment at Marcellos.

A portable BBQ pit

Extra propane and burner for a spare.

A portable carbon filter to make water with (0006 nornally provides this, but he won't be there), Hey Dave, can we borrow yours?

A portable mill if we want to show folks grinding the grain, otherwise, I will need to grind it prior to showing up. My mill isn't portable anymore.

JimmyC has also indicated that he was wondering if anyone wanted to get together and brew a Saison on the side, to take home and ferment. He has some yeast that he is itching to use. That would require another brew setup to be there, and you would need to take home your carboys to ferment. This is National Homebrew Day Big Brew, so the more, the merrier.

Anything I missed? Let me know if you can provide any of the above. The weather so far, looks to be ok, with a 30% chance of rain, best that can be expected during the summer months.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby david79thomas » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Yes I can bring the carbon filter. I can also bring a burner or two and tanks. I also have an easy up tent I can bring and a powered speaker for music. Maybe a big outdoor fan? I have a friend that has a hitch mountable gas grill maybe I can borrow.
david79thomas

Postby david79thomas » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:06 pm

Also, for those of you who have club shirts or other club stuff to promote the club, it would be cool if we showed that off! Just throwing that out there.
david79thomas

Postby yeastmeister » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Yep, I'll be wearing mine, and Julie will show up later wearing hers. Thanks for the offerings. Great to have you onboard!
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby jimmiec » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 pm

If you can't get the hitch gas grill, I have a gas smoker with 3 shelves and wood chunks that I can bring, which is stored in the SUV since there is no room for it in the apt. If like last time everyone brought sausages and they will all fit in it plus anything else we would want to smoke (except a pig though). I can bring a green bean salad and a potato or rice salad too (recently we got some red rice, which I really like). Also, I'll stop by the dollar store or something and get some buns, plates, forks, and paper towels. Do we need any plastic cups or anything else?

I can bring my mill (it's portable), drill, and power cable that hopefully can make it out the side door from available power supply (not sure where that is located).

I'll probably bring a couple burners, propane, and etc. to brew 5-gallons on the side. I'll have a burner and propane that can be use for the main brews if something was to happen. Since I'll probably will be spend some hours there, I'm thinking I might as well make a beer to take home to drink, if that's OK. This will mean I have brewed 3 weekends in a row (a personnel record).

Do we need any specialty grains for the all-grain brew?

What about a table(s) for food and such?
jimmiec

Postby yeastmeister » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:18 am

Awesome Jimmiec! We just need a little Roasted Barley for the all grain, and I'll supply that. The mill is going to be a big help, cups wouldn't hurt either.

Still missing some carboys? Anyone got any available to borrow?
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby BIGALE » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:09 am

I have a spare 5g carboy I could bring.
BIGALE

Postby lhardin02 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:58 am

What time does it start?
lhardin02

Postby yeastmeister » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Starting at 11:00, show up earlier for equipment setup.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby aleguy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:42 pm

Anything you need me to bring this time? It sounds like you've got everything covered for once.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Next

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum