La Only Club Brew Contest 2010

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Postby aleguy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Actually I was thinking American Amber might be the most democratic choice. Even the stove-top guys can brew one from a kit if necessary. As far as prizes go I don't really care, but those things are always nice for some people.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby avatar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:11 pm

I suggest we do california common or an incubator style like India brown ale or sticke altbier.

I also do not care about prizes.

Postby BayouBrew » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:18 am

Are there any other rules for categories aother than it being a BJCP recognized category and no lagers? Just wanted to find out before our meeting on the 10th so that we can vote on it and send our submission. I'll try to stay away from the ones that you are considering.
President - Malt Munching Mash Monsters

Shreveport, LA

http://www.maltmunchingmashmonsters.com
BayouBrew

Postby aleguy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:04 pm

No other rules except you must be a member of an AHA approved club in the state of Louisiana. We don't even know what we're considering yet, so choose what you like. We can always change our category on the very slim chance some other club chooses the same thing.
aleguy

Postby BayouBrew » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:07 pm

Category 6A Cream Ale is the selection from the Malt Munching Mash Monsters. Let the hating begin :wink: .

Let us know when more details are available.

Shreveport, LA

BayouBrew

Postby aleguy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:15 pm

You win! I'm not making any of that nasty stuff again! :wink:
aleguy

Postby BayouBrew » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 am

Have any of the other clubs picked a style, and has a date been set? We are sticking with the Cream ale as our style, so everyone else needs to pick something that I actually want to brew :) . Date doesn't really matter to us Yankees. If we have enough time to brew for it, we have enough time to plan to come down.

Mike

Shreveport, LA

BayouBrew

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:55 pm

I'd also be interested in finding out what the final styles will be and when the competition will be held. I'd like to make a beer to enter for each style, if time permits. I guess I'll start working on a cream ale when I get home... :(
GuitarLord5000

Postby aleguy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:40 pm

DYS: American Amber.
MMMM: Cream ale.
I don't think we've heard from anyone else yet. But the date will be somewhere around the same time as it was last year. I think the Yeastmeister has the date certain already set, but we'll have to wait until he returns from the Valley of the Geeks. :? :? :?
aleguy

Re: La Only Club Brew Contest 2010

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:21 am

Wombatpix wrote:This year, for something completely different, we will have a "monster brew", something that fits in none of the BJCP guidelines. It will be a "Chop Suey" beer, 3 BJCP style beers, blended any way you want (chopsticks optional).

So what's up with this Monster Brew? Is this something that's really going to happen, or just something that was being kicked around? It was mentioned in the original post, but nobody's said anything about it since. I can probably throw something together for it before May if we're doing it.

How many bottles will I need of each entry?
GuitarLord5000

Postby Mob_Barley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Why don't ya'll set a deadline for entries from the other clubs and if they don't respond, the remaining clubs just pick some styles to brew other than the ones they picked already. Otherwise, we won't have time to brew for the competition.
"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."
Mob_Barley

Postby redtail28 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:13 pm

+1
" Jeder muÃ? an etwas glauben, und ich glaube, ich trinke noch einen."
redtail28

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Mob_Barley wrote:Why don't ya'll set a deadline for entries from the other clubs and if they don't respond, the remaining clubs just pick some styles to brew other than the ones they picked already. Otherwise, we won't have time to brew for the competition.

Sounds good. Have we been in contact with the other clubs recently? I'd be happy to try to get the ball rolling on this if you have contact info.
GuitarLord5000

Postby aleguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:03 am

I thought Trip was supposed to liase with the other clubs. But he's been far to busy. So I assume our esteemed president will be taking up the task when he gets a moment. Time is running short. We also have to nail the Red Stick guys down on a place and date. Soon.
aleguy

Postby triple-oh_six » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:53 pm

aleguy wrote:I thought Trip was supposed to liase with the other clubs. But he's been far to busy.

Sorry, I was not aware that I was supposed to be doing the contacting, I thought yeastmeister had it under control.
Let me know if I need to though. I could maybe skip a ferw mins. of sleep or something to sqeeze it in. I have had zero free time lately.
triple-oh_six

PreviousNext

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum