How Many Fermentation fridges do you have? (and a gloat)

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

How Many Fermentation fridges do you have? (and a gloat)

Postby yeastmeister » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:00 pm

Ok guys, mostly this is a chance to gloat a little (ok, a lot).

How many fermentation fridges do you have, and how many gallons can you ferment with them. I'm talking temperature control here, so any device that sort of keeps your fermentation temps in a range qualifies.

I've got a total of 4 temperature controlled fridges. 3 chest freezers, and a dorm fridge. One chest freezer and the dorm fridge are dedicated to fermentation. I can ferment 26 gallons at a time temperature controlled.

Heres the gloat part. As of today, both my fermentation fridges are on the net. Yep, I built a new controller, not only do they email me periodically to let me know their state, but I can actually log in and change the fermentation temp on either of them, from anywhere in the world (a big help if I am out of town, and it comes time to do a diacetyl rest.

Now, its not for everyone of course. What makes this possible is that I already have the house wired so that I can get in and take control of my pc from anywhere in the world.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby zeeboz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:30 pm

Dude - Can you ferment for me?
I have one chest freezer and one upright refrigerator. Both have Johnson temperature controllers.
Now ... If I can get mine wired to the net could you monitor them for me also? :D Just Joking.
You know you're my hero, Huh.
zeeboz

Postby aleguy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:37 pm

Fridges? We don't have no fridges. We don't need no stinkin' fridges!
aleguy

Postby aleguy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:59 pm

seriously though, I think it's time for you to go pro.
aleguy

Postby Imakewort » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:55 pm

:cry: I only have 3 dedicated for brewing 2 for ales and 1 for lagers, the ales I can only control the cooling side, the lagers I can control heat and cooling, plus 1 for growing starters, and they only hold 2 "6 gallon better bottles" for a total 24 gallons but I rarely ferminite more than 5 gallons at a time , and for remote control I have my son , but he is a little unreliable

[img][img]http://i44.tinypic.com/210drpu.jpg[/img]

But what do you have on tap :wink: I have 1 American brown ale, British ale, amber ale, porter, Belgian dark strong, Dortmunder export

[/img]Image
Imakewort

Postby yeastmeister » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:15 am

That is an awesome looking distribution system! I know you and I talked and you said it cost more than purchasing a pre-built system, but I like the way this one looks.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby zeeboz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Man that's a HUGE starter. What are you planning to turbo charge?
zeeboz

Postby Imakewort » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:28 pm

That's for my Schwarzbier I plan on competing at the bluebonnet, it's 4 liters that I plan on chilling and decanting.
Imakewort

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum