Control box wiring

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Control box wiring

Postby triple-oh_six » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:52 pm

Here's what I got
Haven't gone hot with it yet,
How does the wiring look, I'm pretty confident but I could use some reassurance.

I should also note that I called Asco, again, and they confirmed that these valves were suitable for what I was using them for. The reason for not having a ground is that they are an older model.

Also I have grounded the ground buss to the box.

Any comments?

triple-oh_six

Postby yeastmeister » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:59 am

I traced the circuit on the picture instead of the schematic just to make sure.

Heres what I see. Love controllers come on as soon as the main power is turned on. They stay on as long as the main is on.

The pump is switched but requires main power to be on. Good.

The Asco switches are attached to the normally open side of the controllers. Good.

I'm a little confused about the switches controlling the asco's. I presume those are set up that way so that you can force the burners on and bypass the controller? One way, they get power from the controller, the other way, they get power constantly? Or am I reading that wrong? Not sure I would set it up that way. Not sure if I'm looking at them right however. I'd need to take a meter to that switch to make sure, unless you have the manufacturers pinout handy. Can you elaborate on the pinout and what you want those switches to do?
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:13 pm

That's exactly what I wanted, On, Off, or Auto. Main power turns loves on.
If it's the pinout for the toggle switch you're asking about look at the bottom/left of the diagram.
Let me know if that's what you were asking.
Thanks
triple-oh_six

Postby yeastmeister » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 pm

K. See it now. Looks like its good to go. Add the temp probes and fire it up. If asco is right, then they should go click and stay. If they hum, something doesn't sound right. I've installed 4 of those things so far, and none of them hum.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum