2010 hops harvest

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

2010 hops harvest

Postby aleguy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:39 pm

I have been browsing the hops direct website and am dismayed that the current season's hops are only available as whole cone hops. I want my hops pelletized. Unfortunately I have been unable to find any other source for hops by the pound. The only pellet hops available right now from hops direct are last year's and of limited variety. The hops I use most frequently are not available in that form.
Does anyone else have a good source for hops by the pound at reasonable prices? B3, Norther Brewer, Williams and Midwest are all no-go's. What's the name of that guy who always advertises on the BN?
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby yeastmeister » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:06 pm

Niko, and I checked there, and hopsdirect as well. All whole leaf at this point.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby Charlie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:35 pm

HopsDirect puts their leaf up for sale as soon as it gets dry, even before the AA analysis comes back. Hops for pellets have to go to the pelleter, and will be for sale when they get back, usually early October.

If anybody sees reasonable (under $20.00/lb) 2010 Simcoe leaf give me a shout. I usually get 'em from FresHops, but their price ($27.00/lb) sucks, and so does the plastic bag they ship 'em in.

Charlie (has a humongous leaf order for HopsDirect)
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
Charlie

Postby aleguy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:56 am

Regardless of the price from hops direct, it's going to be cheaper than the per-ounce price at our local home brew shop.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum