Clean in Place (CIP) procedures for your RIMS systems...

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Clean in Place (CIP) procedures for your RIMS systems...

Postby Mob_Barley » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:05 am

I'd like to get an idea of how everyone cleans their RIMS after a brew. Primarily, I'm wondering if I should add any fittings to the plumbing to drain the lines or should I just pump through the system with PBW first, let it soak, then pump through with sanitizer?
"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."
Mob_Barley

Postby yeastmeister » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:20 am

I don't CIP my system. But I supposed thats because I move my system. Store it inside, and brew outside. All the kettles get removed from the stand, get carried over to where I can dump them. For the mash tun, its carried over to a lower position, then tipped over on its side. I scoop the grains into a couple of 5 gallon buckets with trash bags in them.

Then everything gets sprayed off with high pressure water. What the water doesn't get off, I take a stainless steel scrubby to.

Hoses and pumps are flushed with clean water. The therminator and hoses are flushed with clean water in both directions.

Prior to use, the therminator and hoses get starsan circulating through them for about a half an hour before use.

The conicals, I do CIP. Discharge hose attached to the bottom and the discharge ran out into the yard. Clean with high pressure water, fill up and let soak with oxyclean for a day or so, flush with water again. Prior to use, they get sanitized with starsan using a custom spray attachment through the lid.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum