It never fails...

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

It never fails...

Postby thebuddrik » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:21 pm

I brewed a Pale Ale today and everything went perfect! This was my first brew since I made a lot of improvements to my rig. My grain mill worked perfect. The hopper didnt give me any problems. I learned it holds about 20 pounds! The clamps that I put on the keggles to hold my recirc and sparge arm worked perfect. My chilling system worked perfect.
I was cleaning up and wanted a glass of my old Pale instead if Pumpkin but my other tap line was hooked to my counter pressure filler so I just grabbed my brand new, never been used, beer faucet (the kind that is connected to a ball lock) and poured myself a glass.
I started cleaning everything and when I walked back into my Pops shop there was a stream of beer coming from the fridge! When I closed the door it opened the beer faucet! :evil:
Oh well, at least the brew went well. It never fails, I can never have a smooth brew day!
thebuddrik

Postby percmd » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:18 am

That's my normal day, any day!
percmd

Postby aleguy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:20 am

I find that something always seems to go wrong. The most difficult births always seem to result in exceptional children. You have learned a hard lesson: Make sure the fridge door doesn't hit your beer faucet!
BTW congrats on getting your process under control. It sounds like the learning curve is not so steep for you any more.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum