New (for me) online homebrew store.

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

New (for me) online homebrew store.

Postby Mob_Barley » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:01 am

Some of you may already know about this place, but I just found out about it. It's called http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com

They have some pretty good (some very good) prices on grain compared to Austin Homebrew and Northern Brewer, they have $6.99 flat rate shipping, and they are in GA, meaning your yeast would arrive in two or three days instead of five or six as from NB.

I havent looked at everything, but the grain prices are awesome.

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."
Mob_Barley

Postby BayouBrew » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:30 pm

I ordered a sack of 2-row from them a few weeks ago. It was on my step 2 days later, and it was cheaper that North Country Malt with shipping thanks to the flat rate shipping.
President - Malt Munching Mash Monsters

Shreveport, LA

http://www.maltmunchingmashmonsters.com
BayouBrew

Postby Mob_Barley » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:30 am

Most homebrew supplies do not include the bulk sacks of grain or other bulky items (such as carboys or cases of bottles) in their flat-rate shipping. If you got $6.99 shipping on a 55 or even 40 lb sack of grain, then you got a deal.

I'll have to check them out soon.
"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."
Mob_Barley

Postby BayouBrew » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:34 am

Mob_Barley wrote:Most homebrew supplies do not include the bulk sacks of grain or other bulky items (such as carboys or cases of bottles) in their flat-rate shipping. If you got $6.99 shipping on a 55 or even 40 lb sack of grain, then you got a deal.

I'll have to check them out soon.

Exactly. AHS is the only other retailer that I know of who allows bulk grain in their flat rate shipping. I called Brewmaster's Warehouse to see if sacks of grain were included, and they said "yes". I also asked if 2 sacks would still qualify, and they said "yes" again. Then I said that they "just got a new loyal customer for bulk grains", and they said "great". Then I said bye, and he said bye... and then I hung up :roll: .

I didn't ask about anything over 2 sacks because I would not use more than that in a reasonable amount of time (and I don't want them to lose too much money on the sale).

Shreveport, LA

BayouBrew

Postby aleguy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:13 pm

I heard a rumor that Kevin will match anyone else's price. I don't think he would in this case, but it's worth checking on.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby yeastmeister » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:16 am

Where are you guys seeing sack pricing? That price is ok by the pound, but if I buy a sack, I expect to pay much less than that. Do you need to call them?
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:25 am

Brewmaster's Warehouse wrote:We do not have any discounted prices on sacks of grains. To order a full sack of grain just type in the amount of grain you want, ie 55 lbs, for a full sack. We also do not change our flat rate shipping prices either, so a full sack of grain still ships for 6.99.

Even still, the Briess 2-Row and Pilsner are a pretty decent deal at $64.45 per sack shipped.

Cheers,
Dave
In extreme circumstances, the assailants can be stopped by removing the head or destroying the brain. I will repeat that: by removing the head or destroying the brain. - News Anchor, Shaun of the Dead
GuitarLord5000

Postby yeastmeister » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:41 am

Last time we ordered from North Country, we managed to get enough people together between 2 clubs to fill a pallet. Cost each person $5 bucks in shipping per sack. Last price I paid from North country was $34.73 for pilsen, which put the sack price in at under $40 bucks shipped.

Sounds like it may be time to get in another bulk buy. Anyone else interested?
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby aleguy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 am

Interested but broke. Maybe next time.
By the way, the price Guitarlord quoted is actually higher than what Kevin charges at Marcello's once the club discount is figured in. and I believe I paid just under $45 a sack shipped last time from North Country.
aleguy

Postby BayouBrew » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Yeah, they don't list the grains by the sack. I just added 50lbs for the sack after calling. The price definitely isn't as good as what you can get from North Country for a pallet, but for those of us who can't put together a pallet buy, it isn't too bad.

Shreveport, LA

BayouBrew

Postby aleguy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:55 am

You need to grow your club and convert the starchy newbies into sweet all-grain brewers. :wink:
Four brewers at ten sacks apiece is a pallet. Two orders a year should keep you in home brew.
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum