new homebrewer!

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

new homebrewer!

Postby xhazerdusx » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:40 pm

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Travis Broussard. I'm a local, born and raised here in Lafayette. I've been toying around with the idea of starting to homebrew. I enjoy different kinds of beers and now I have the space and funds available to start the hobby!

I plan on going on the "Teach a Friend to Homebrew" event you guys are having this weekend. I'm even bringing a buddy!

So, do you guys have any suggestions on online vendors from which I can buy my initial setup?

Look forward to meeting some of you this weekend!
xhazerdusx

Postby aleguy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:00 pm

In my experience there really isn't any one-stop-shopping for home brewing. Kevin at Marcello's will have most of the stuff you need to get started. Talk to us Saturday. It will be easier for you to know what to ask about when you can see some actual brews in progress.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Just curious

Postby gordonbl » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:00 am

xhazerdusx, you stated you were a new brewer. Did you show up? Just to say as a kit brewer you can brew mighty good beer from the kits offered at Marcellos for a very good price! Compared to store price, vary good! The start up kit price may deter you but dont't let it if you don't mind working a bit. Good beer can be made easily for the beginner.

Gordonbl
gordonbl

Postby redtail28 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:11 am

Kevin at Marcello's has a good price on a starter
kit. I belive his prices are about the same as
an onliner store but with out the shipping cost.

Welcome to homebrewing and hopefully the club :D
" Jeder muÃ? an etwas glauben, und ich glaube, ich trinke noch einen."
redtail28

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum