Lafayette Craft Beer Examiner

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Lafayette Craft Beer Examiner

Postby Mob_Barley » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I'm the new Lafayette Craft Beer Examiner for Examiner.com. I'll be writing articles about the craft beer scene in Lafayette and surrounding areas. I'll also write about homebrewing, but there is not that many homebrewers in Lafayette, so it will mostly be about the places that have really good beer, and about the beer itslef.

I may need some input so when ya'll find a place that has a good seleciton of beer, let me know. I'm also going to try and find the real reason we can't get some of the beers they have in the surrounding states...we'll see.

I'd appreciate it if ya'll could subscribe on the page so you'll get an email when a new article comes out. It'll help build the page and keep it at the top of the other articles.

Here is the first one I wrote yesterday:

http://www.examiner.com/x-27578-Lafayet ... er-in-Town

If anyone has any suggestions for articles or any news relevant to beer in Acadiana, please let me know.

Cheers!
"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."
Mob_Barley

Postby triple-oh_six » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Good job Bobby!
I'm signed up.
triple-oh_six

Postby aleguy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:09 am

Hmm. Maybe there are more home brewers in Lafayette than you think. The DYS only has a small percentage of them. 5% maybe, hard to tell. I haven't read your article yet, but Heiner and Bayou Teche Bier come to mind as possible stories. The Tap room, Bufalo Wild Wings and maybe that bar out on Johnston that Gordon found are the only "craft" beer servers that I know of.
Of course the best source of quality craft beer in town is the Yeastmeister's place. But then that has very unconventional requirements for admission.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby yeastmeister » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Good job Bobby, I've read your articles, and I like them. Although the pic of Kevin lounging in his office scared my kids at first. :)
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby clept » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:10 am

The Greenroom on Jefferson St downtown is hands down the best place in town for "craft" beer. Their bottle selection is better than Marcellos when it comes to US craft beers and they're getting better all the time with their draft selections. They currently have Harpoon, Abita, NOLA, and Stone rounding out the draft selection.

There is also a new burger place in River Ranch called BurgerSmith who has about 8 taps all filled with Louisiana made beers, great burgers too.
clept

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum