Grain Prices?

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Grain Prices?

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:27 am

I'm looking to pick up a sack of Marris Otter and some Crystal 40. Who's got the best prices (shipped) on grain? North Country Malt has some good prices on their grain, but shipping nearly doubles the cost per sack. Northern Brewer is retarded expensive, costing about 30 dollars more per sack than North Country Malt. Same thing with MoreBeer. I really don't feel like spending 100 bucks on a sack of grain.
Where do you guys pick up your barley malt? Is there any place you know of that is cheaper than North Country Malt?

Cheers,
Dave
In extreme circumstances, the assailants can be stopped by removing the head or destroying the brain. I will repeat that: by removing the head or destroying the brain. - News Anchor, Shaun of the Dead
GuitarLord5000

Postby thebuddrik » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:22 pm

I have gotten all of my grain from group grain buys. I know that you can talk to Keven at Marcellos and he can get you what you need.
thebuddrik

Postby triple-oh_six » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:16 pm

The best price you're going to get is from going in on a bulk but with us and the Redstick guys. Not sure when we'll be doing it again though.

If you need grain soon and don't want to wait you should talk to Kevin, just call him or swing by Marcello's. He'll give you a better price than anybody online since you won't pay shipping. You should be able to get it in a week or 2 depending on when the next order will be placed and come in.
triple-oh_six

Postby clept » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:56 am

Speaking of grain at Marcellos, do they have unpackaged grain by the pound for sale in the back, or is it all in those little 1lb bags?
clept

Postby redtail28 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:06 am

+1 check with Kevin he doesn't have bulk grain
to sell by the pound. But he does have have gain in
10 pound bags fron time to time.
" Jeder muÃ? an etwas glauben, und ich glaube, ich trinke noch einen."
redtail28

Postby triple-oh_six » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Just to clarify, I was talking about 50 lb. sacks that Kevin will get you if you ask him. He only orders 1 and 10 lb bags to keep in stock.
triple-oh_six

Postby aleguy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:46 am

Not entirely true. I have bought at least two 55-lb sacks of Pale malt that Kevin bought because he now knows he will sell it. You can buy it from him for about $65 a sack. Much more than the $45 a sack shipped we get from North Country, but you don't have to wait for a bulk buy.
If he doesn't have any on hand, he will order it for you.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks for the info, guys!

Cheers,
Dave
In extreme circumstances, the assailants can be stopped by removing the head or destroying the brain. I will repeat that: by removing the head or destroying the brain. - News Anchor, Shaun of the Dead
GuitarLord5000

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum