After next meeting

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

After next meeting

Postby gordonbl » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:25 am

I know after meetings members will go to a local pub and drink and eat.
Let me run this up the flag pole. A GOOD pool hall south of the mall on 167, White Diamond Billiards has told me that in the intrest of getting new customers will offer a steak dinner or burger and fries to our club after the meeting. Steak dinner, 10 oz. ribeye, french fries, green salad, and texas toast. Reg 12 dollars for us 5 bucks. Cheeseburger and fries. Reg 5.25 for us 2 bucks. Beer and pool at the usual rate. Sorry no beer on tap, usual domestic brands and about 5 or 6 imports in bottles.
Corona, Sam Adams BL, New Castle BA and I forget?
If any of this sounds interesting please post here yes or no so that I can let Chris know if he can plan for the food!

See Yall the 6th
Gordonbl
gordonbl

Postby yeastmeister » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:30 am

Always willing to try out new spots. However, if the place allows smoking indoors, we will lose a lot of attendance. I know several members who won't go if there is smoking allowed. One of the greatest things about river ranch in my opinion, is that they forbid smoking, so even the bars there are non-smoking.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby aleguy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:50 am

I think if they serve food it's illegal to smoke inside. I could be wrong, but that's how it was in California, and LA seems to be following their lead on this. Just wish LA would follow their lead in certain other things, (Coffee shop anyone?)
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby yeastmeister » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:05 am

Actually, I'm pretty sure its related to the amount of money they make off of alcohol vs the amount they make off of food. If more money comes from food than alcohol, I believe its not permitted, but if more money comes from alcohol than food, then I believe it is.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby triple-oh_six » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:20 am

yeastmeister wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure its related to the amount of money they make off of alcohol vs the amount they make off of food. If more money comes from food than alcohol, I believe its not permitted, but if more money comes from alcohol than food, then I believe it is.

That's right.

The smoking doesn't bother me. It is pretty far for though, I live in Broussard and after a few beers that's a long way for me to drive home.
I might not even be in town for the next meeting anyway.
triple-oh_six

Postby aleguy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:44 am

Someone needs a reconnoiter. If It's where I think it is, Trip, it's actually quicker for you top get home from there than from Pete's.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby triple-oh_six » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:06 pm

aleguy wrote:Someone needs a reconnoiter. If It's where I think it is, Trip, it's actually quicker for you top get home from there than from Pete's.

No, it's not.
triple-oh_six

Postby gordonbl » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:31 pm

It doesn't sound like too many people are are interested in going to white diamonds but I tried. Yes smoking is allowed inside it is considered a bar.
Serving more beer and booze than food. But there are alot of static smoke eaters through out the place. It doesn't get smokey like the usual bars and is much nicer and cleaner than most bars/pool halls. It is located south of the mall just before W Broussard Rd. on the right side.

Later Gordonbl
gordonbl

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum