Entries to the Dixie Cup

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Entries to the Dixie Cup

Postby Mob_Barley » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:20 am

Hi all, I just got through corresponding with John Peed, the director of the MCAB. He is going to change how the entry date reads on the qualifying events table to show an entry window, and not a deadline, this way we can tell when the entry window starts. That said, the Dixie cup is now accepting entries and will through the 18th of September at the $7 entry fee. After that and until the 25th the fees are $10 per entry.

Anyone that plans on entering needs to get their beers bottled and go to the website at:

http://dixiecup.crunchyfrog.net/login

You need to create an account first if you don't have one, then register your beers online. You can also use the paper form if you don't want to register online. Regardless, you will need to attach the bottle labels on each bottle, and send in the registration form, check to pay for the fees, CORRECTION: And it seems it is now mandatory to send in a recipe form for each beer entered. I misread the instructions, If you don't want to enter through the online registration, THEN you must fill out a recipe form for each entry...so for those that do register online, they are not mandatory. These forms are here:

http://dixiecup.crunchyfrog.net/register/forms

I know it seems complicated, but just post any questions on the forum and someone will reply with help.

Hopefully someone, Gene, will let us know if he is going to be able to deliver the beers prior to the 18th so in case he can't we can make arrangements to ship them prior to that deadline so we can avoid the extra $3 per entry.

Cheers and good luck at the Dixie Cup...
Last edited by Mob_Barley on Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."
Mob_Barley

Postby yeastmeister » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm

Yep, I'll drive up on the 17th to give everyone plenty of time to get their beers ready. I'd recommend bottling up 5 bottles instead of 3. 3 go to the Dixie cup. If you win 1st place, you need another 2 to send to the MCAB. I'll need to collect your entries, forms, and fees prior to the 17th. I can take a few folks up with me as well if you want to stop in at defalcos or specs.

Of course if one of our other members is going to go up to houston for work purposes somewhere close to that, and can drop them of, let us know.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby Mob_Barley » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Looking at the registration sheet, is it required to send $25 for a short-term Foam Rangers membership? or can we just send in the $7 per entry fee?
Mob_Barley

Postby triple-oh_six » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm

yeastmeister wrote:
Of course if one of our other members is going to go up to houston for work purposes somewhere close to that, and can drop them of, let us know.

That's a good possibility, if I still have a job, I'll be passing through H-town.
I'd be happy to drop off the entries. Let's just hope I still have a job.
triple-oh_six

Postby yeastmeister » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:08 pm

$25 bucks if your gonna attend in person. Otherwise its not necessary.

If your gonna attend, here is the hotel information:
http://dixiecup.crunchyfrog.net/hotel

Here is the events calendar:
http://dixiecup.crunchyfrog.net/events

I'd highly recommend getting a room at the hotel, you probably won't want to drive anywhere after the party every night. I already have a room there, but I'm not going up on Thursday like previous years. Julie is going this year, so we can't leave till Friday.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby Mob_Barley » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:51 pm

So, where should we drop off our entries? Will Marcello's hold them all in one place until they can be picked up and delivered?
Mob_Barley

Postby yeastmeister » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Yep, Marcellos will hold them and keep them cold. Please follow the dixie cup rules and have all your bottles labeled appropriately. Put your entry form and your entry fee in an envelope, and leave it with your entries. I will check frequently. Note that I have never had a problem with entry forms disappearing from boxes at marcellos, and if you send me an email letting me know you dropped it off, I will go over there and collect it.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby yeastmeister » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:06 am

Reminder to all. I'm going to drop the entries off at Defalcos tomorrow. I need your entries by this evening. I'll stop by Marcello's around 6:00 to pick up anything. If you want, you can also drop them off at my house tonight, but I'm planning on leaving town about 8:00 a.m. tomorrow with them. I have Mob Barley's entries already, 0006 is getting his to me tonight. Am I expecting anyone elses?
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum