Brewery Upgrades

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Brewery Upgrades

Postby triple-oh_six » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Well here it is, the newest upgrade to my brewery,
a detachable control panel.
Before my control panel was in a metal breaker box mounted on the front in btween the HLT and MT.
Now it is in a waterproof (except through the front panel) plastic sprinkler system box.

The control box stand was built from conduit and galvanived pipe, mostly leftover from wiring the rest of my stand. The control box slides on to two pipes.

I used a 20' heavy duty extension cord that I cut down to what I needed, the black is power and ground.
The colored plugs came from Walmart, $6.50ish for three 6' adapters to plug in several DC adapters into a power strip.
Spliced up and wraped with heat shrink.
All color coded MT asco, HLT asco, pump, and power.

The aluminum control panel is epoxied to the box. Some of the wiring is hot glued down cause I'm a little OCD.

The back of the box, two 3/4" pipes slide over the two 1/2" pipes on the stand.

The whole thing swivels 360* for storage or transport.

I also added a gfi outlet.

Next will plumbing and maybe a second pump.

triple-oh_six

Postby Imakewort » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:14 pm

nice :D m good up grade, i do have a question are the male plugs hot? on mine i made all the plugs female so i would not fry myself accidentally after a few drinks. but i like it good upgrade!
Mad dog Brewery
I am not afraid to go fast, it's the crashing and burning that sucks
Corporal BN army
Imakewort

Postby zeeboz » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:41 am

Great Job on the upgrade.
zeeboz

Postby triple-oh_six » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:06 am

Thanks guys

And thanks to Budrockdiesel for pointing this out, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

@ Imakewort: The Black female plug at the top of this pic comes from the wall, it plugs into the black male plug from the control box making the 3 female plugs hot.
So yes, at least I can say that that is not the part of it that kills me :lol:

And thanks zeeboz, not sure if that's what you were describing to me about the control stand on your system but it gave me the idea to build this.

triple-oh_six

Postby thebuddrik » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:54 am

Awesome! I love the screw pipe u used. Good job.
thebuddrik

Postby Imakewort » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:16 am

[/quote]@ Imakewort: The Black female plug at the top of this pic comes from the wall, it plugs into the black male plug from the control box making the 3 female plugs hot.
So yes, at least I can say that that is not the part of it that kills me Laughing
Good you never know when you might unplug something and forget to turn the damm thing off.
Did Zeeboz upgrade the control panel he and I made together 2 years ago? I used mine as a prototype for my panel i use now.
Mad dog Brewery
I am not afraid to go fast, it's the crashing and burning that sucks
Corporal BN army
Imakewort

Postby aleguy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 am

Two pumps! Two pumps! 8)
Interesting set up. I wish I had a way to swing my control arm out of the way, but then, my gas manifold is mounted on it, and everything is (will be) hard-piped. I'm still working on my control panel design. Thinking about adding a timer that starts automatically when mash temperature is achieved and sounds an alarm when it's done. I think I might be able to hack it so it will automatically reset my controller and mash out too.
Anyway, it's good to see your brewery operational again! :D
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum