Moose Drool Clone

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Moose Drool Clone

Postby Imakewort » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 pm

I made a 5.5 Gallon batch of moose drool as per the Jamel show and My son brought some home from his summer vacation in Montana we just did a side by side and it's CLONED the only difference is mine is un filtered and a little darker but besides that it's cloned!!!!
Mad dog Brewery
I am not afraid to go fast, it's the crashing and burning that sucks
Corporal BN army
Imakewort

Postby aleguy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Redtail did that last spring. It was very good.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby Imakewort » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 pm

to bad we can not have a side by side comparison of beers compared to a real moose drool.
Mad dog Brewery
Corporal BN army
Imakewort

Postby aleguy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:58 am

We did.
aleguy

Postby Imakewort » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:28 am

you had some real moose drool to compare too? Or compared it to mine? you know as well as me that you can give the same recipe to 5 different people and turn out 5 different beers. That is why most brewers give out there recipes, and why not every one who copy's Jamil's recipes actually clone it.
Mad dog Brewery
Corporal BN army
Imakewort

Postby aleguy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:46 am

we did. Anyone can make perfect clones of my recipes. They're bulletproof. I gave a recipe to Budrock and his came out almost identical even though he substituted Pilsener for British 2-row. If he had the right malt it would have been identical. My recipes are bulletproof. I develop them so anyone can make a perfect copy. No one can copy Jamil because he doesn't tell you everything.
aleguy

Postby Imakewort » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Not to call the BS card but it is hard for even breweries to make a exact copy each and every time, even on recipes I make all the time there are differences I can taste, For 2 brewers on 2 different systems that is even harder, differences in water, Ph, mash temps and temp calibration, grain crush, sanitation and so on. I have been taking a few on line college courses in brewing and you learn that at class 101.
Maybe your club should try having a competition where contestants get the same ingredients and recipe, And then judge the results. That would be the only way to tell, and learn the difference how different brewers brew. A good learning example for your club.
The only way to judge a cloned anything is side by side with a commercial brewed beer other wise no way. I did on mine and it's cloned. :D
Mad dog Brewery
Corporal BN army
Imakewort

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum