NOLA beer

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

NOLA beer

Postby Tbim » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:00 pm

Have any of you guys tried NOLA beer yet? I had the Blonde Ale and thought it was really good.
Tbim

Postby clept » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:01 pm

I've had both the Blonde and the Brown and they're both solid brews, I preferred their brown even though I'm not big on the style. I'm anxious to try their Hopitoulas IPA thats coming out next month.
clept

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:51 pm

"Hopitoulas IPA" Love the name

I can't honestly remember exactly what I thought of their beer considering I went on to drink for 13 hrs. after sampleing them.

I do remember thinking that it was definately better than the first time I had it (2008 Gulf Brew). I also think my Blonde ale is better, but that's my opinion.

I'm glad to see another La. brewery coming up and I hope that they are successful.
triple-oh_six

Postby aleguy » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:43 pm

Most homebrew is better than any commercial beers for the simple reasons of proper handling and less attention paid to costs of production. I didn't have a chance to try NOLA yet, but it is definitely on my list.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby jimmiec » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:57 pm

Got a keg of NOLA Brown Ale going now and it taste pretty good. Thankfully a slight roasted flavor brown ale and not sweet. Not nearly as hopped as Abita's Turbo Dog.

They use plastic 1/6 kegs that are longer (for strength) than metal 1/6 kegs so the keg has a tight fit in my kegerator. Probably will order a low profile tap when I get the IPA in Oct.

If I have some left I'll bring a growler of the Brown Ale to the next meeting. I do have some Great Lakes (Pale Ale, Dortmunder, Porter, and an Amber Lager) and Bell's Doppelbock to bring to the meeting.
jimmiec

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum