bro-n-laws and light beer

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

bro-n-laws and light beer

Postby thebuddrik » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:53 am

I figured out why all of the country and bayou boys drink light beer. After going to my bro-n-laws camp in Bayou Gauche for the weekend and watching them put down bud-light all weekend from sun up to sun down. If they were drinking the stuff that we brew they would be dead. They want me to brew them some Bud-light. I told them I had never even heard of anyone doing that. With the quantity that they drink they would need to do a 20 gallon batch a week.
thebuddrik

Postby aleguy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:08 am

Brew them some high gravity cream ale. They'll pass out long before they get alcohol poisoning. Just make sure all the firearms are locked up before you tap that keg.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby GuitarLord5000 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:46 am

http://www.maltosefalcons.com/tech/styl ... nlager.php

I've been asked to brew a Budweiser clone for a few friends. I don't have a beer fridge yet, so it'll have to wait, but this looks like it might be pretty close. To be honest, I'm not terribly stoked about doing it. This might be a good thing to brew for office parties and the like, though.

Cheers,
Dave
GuitarLord5000

Postby zeeboz » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:48 am

I brewed an American Ale about 1-1/2 yrs ago. It was a nice clean lite beer (lawnmower beer) that had a little more body than the regular lite beers. I have the recipe at home if you're interested.

I got the recipe from a BYO magazine article. The article focused around trying to introduce craft beers to the public by way of starting them off easily.

I haven't brewed it again - but it was good.

Let me know if you'd like the recipe. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until I get home early May.
zeeboz

Postby aleguy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Life's too short to brew crappy beer! (On purpose.)
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum