Software

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:20 pm

aleguy wrote:My only question is : Can I run Beersmith on my 15-year-old Mac?

I did a quick search but I couldn't find it.
email: support@beersmith.com and ask about system requirements

15 yrs. old huh, you still running dos on that thing?
triple-oh_six

Postby aleguy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Macs never ran DOS. It wasn't until Gates ripped off the Mac OS that PCs had GUIs. Some of the newer Macs can run PC software, but it's always buggy and crashes alot. My mac has never crashed but then I don't run Microsoft products. Anyway . . . I seem to go off on a tangent a little too easily.
aleguy

Postby triple-oh_six » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:41 pm

triple-oh_six

Postby yeastmeister » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:16 am

aleguy wrote:Macs never ran DOS. It wasn't until Gates ripped off the Mac OS that PCs had GUIs. Some of the newer Macs can run PC software, but it's always buggy and crashes alot. My mac has never crashed but then I don't run Microsoft products. Anyway . . . I seem to go off on a tangent a little too easily.

Really? I got an entire group of people here than only run windows on their mac laptops, and will swear that they never crash.

Technically, I have a mac, its an older power pc version, I boot mac os on it for all of 2 seconds in order to load the bootloader for ubuntu. The PPC versions make great linux boxes. I use it as part of my firewall. They are much more useful after you load a better OS on them. :)
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby aleguy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:00 am

Like I said, my Mac is 15 years-old. everyone I know uses Macs with some version of a Mac OS except my brother who ran a Dell for years and it crashed on him at least twice a week. Anyway, since I have no intention of buying a new computer until my current one becomes useless for my purposes, and after eight years I'm still burned out on following the latest computer trends for twenty years when I lived in Silicon Valley. I don't really care that much about keeping abreast of the latest developments. Computer technology surpassed the needs of most people in the early Nineties. Since then it's all been about creating perceived need to drive sales. Until we have the true 3.5 GB per second fiber-optic network built in this country that consumers have already paid for, there really isn't any point in buying a new computer. But this becomes tedious and tiresome. I'd rather be discussing beer-related subjects. I shall say no more on these matters.
aleguy

Postby redtail28 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:11 am

Let's kick a cat!
redtail28

Postby aleguy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:55 pm

yeehaw!
aleguy

Previous

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum