Asco: Huh?

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Asco: Huh?

Postby aleguy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Sorry, but I just keep getting turned around by the Asco part numbers. Are these the right ones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Asco-Red-Hat-Series ... .m20.l1116

I'm not planning to buy them if they are. I was just wondering. (There are two available for anyone who might be looking to build a stand in the near future.) Why does Asco have to make everything so confusing? I probably just need to learn what all the different pieces of the part numbers mean, but right now I'm trying to read this stuff without a Rosetta stone.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby yeastmeister » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Those aren't usually the ones that people use. We have been using the 8210 series, which are the solenoid valves, the 8262 series are direct acting. Not sure the exact difference between the 2, they may work, or may not. The main difference between them seems to be flow rates. The 8210 ones seem to support much higher flow rates than the 8262 series do.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby aleguy » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:38 am

That's good to know. I just wish I had some guidelines to work from. If I knew what I was looking at on the Asco website, I might try to compile a list of appropriate valves and their part numbers so I could narrow my search. Though I may not need to look for them any more, I'm sure other club members would appreciate the resource.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum