Lazy Magnolia Beer

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Lazy Magnolia Beer

Postby jimboud » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:55 pm

I went to the Bulldog this evening, after taking an exam in the course I am taking at UL this semester, "Relationship and Marriage and Family Counseling." To my pleasant surprise I saw that they now have Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan on tap! It was outstanding.

Now, my question is" Who is the distributor?" On the Lazy Magnolia site, the distributor page does not list our area as being served.

Go to the Bulldog on General Mouton and enjoy this great beer on tap. They even remodeled the Men's room, which was formerly one of the filthiest bathrooms in Lafayette.

Jim :)
jimboud

Postby triple-oh_six » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:17 pm

I am almost positive that Shilling is their distributor.

My uncle works for Shilling and he told me about a meeting a couple months back.
triple-oh_six

Lazy Magnolia

Postby jimboud » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:19 pm

I thought Schilling Distributing only distributes beers made by Aneheuser-Busch. I would be extremely surprised if they distribute Lazy Magnolia.

Jim
jimboud

Postby triple-oh_six » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Actually they distribute quite a lot of beer not made by AB

http://www.schillingdistributing.com/pa ... ducts.html

I don't see Lazy magnolia there yet, but I'm pretty sure that they are the distributor.

I could find out, I'll get back to you.
triple-oh_six

Postby ragin_cajun » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:58 am

I'll tell you what really chaps my ass about beer on tap in Lafayette. Glazer's distributes all kinds of great beer--english ales, anchor porter, rogue in kegs, german beers in kegs, all on tap and in excellent shape. They make it such a pain in the ass to even get a products list, that bars in Lafayette don't even know what's available. I've had Albertson's order beer Spaten Optimator because I know for a fact they have it, Albertson's agreed to do it after weeks of persuasion and politicking on my part, and idiots at Glazer drop off Spaten Lager instead of Optimator.

If Glazer were competent, there'd be good beer on tap all over Lafayette, and small bars that are having trouble could build clientelle based on 3-4 high quality kegs. Bar owners would learn that trick eventually. Any bartender could keep the right PSI of CO2 on a keg of beer, right temperature, decent glasses. I'd gladly pay $5-$6 a pint for Fuller's ESB on tap, or Anchor Porter, or some great IPA from the Northwest.

Glazer's needs to get its act together.
"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither" -- Ben Franklin
ragin_cajun

Postby ragin_cajun » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:01 am

Another time, I ordered a keg of Anchor Liberty Ale from Albertson's. Had them call Glazer's to be sure it was available, Glazer's said yes. A month later, Albertson's calls me to say my keg is in. I go down there and it's a keg of Anchor Steam.

Anchor Steam's OK, but it ain't Liberty Ale. It's easier to just make it yourself.
"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither" -- Ben Franklin
ragin_cajun

Postby beouf » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:10 pm

schilling is the distributor for lazy magnolia. i deal with the guys at schilling a lot, and they said they just started carrying their beer within the past two months.
beouf

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum