Anyone need a broken 15cf chest freezer? Repairable....

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Anyone need a broken 15cf chest freezer? Repairable....

Postby yeastmeister » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:58 am

Ok, yes, I know, I know, I should have known better. While I new it was bad to drill through the side wall of a chest freezer, I would have never guessed there were lines running behind the hinge on the lid. After all, there are already 4 screws there, whats another one directly in line, and in between the other 2? A dead chest freezer, thats what.

I've been told that its possible to get it repaired. I can show you EXACTLY where the hole in the line is (Strange thing it wasn't the drilling that ruptured the line, it was the actual screw, so its probably just nicked). Was working fine up till the time we punctured it. Unplugged it immediately, and it hissed for the next 3 hours.

So, if you think you can fix it, or are just in need a big insulated box (stand it on end, put a conical inside, and a window a/c on the outside), let me know, otherwise its going out on the trash heap as soon as I figure out when LUS wants appliances out by the curb.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

gene

Postby gordonbl » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 am

The compressor should be worth something. Is it gone? Let me know!
gordonbl

Postby yeastmeister » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:40 am

Nope, still got it. There is a schedule that that Lafayette will pick up appliances. They will pick it up the week of March 2nd, so I will have it sitting around till then.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum