New to this

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

New to this

Postby FOGAF » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:27 pm

I am interested in starting to make my own home brewed beer, but I'm not sure where to start. I've looked around online and see a few different types of starter kits, and most are cold-brew. Is this a good way to start, and what would you recommend in how to get started for buying the materials, and learning more about home brewing (Recommended books, etc.).
Thanks
FOGAF

Postby yeastmeister » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:38 am

Assuming your local to the area....

Marcello's on Jonhston street carries a large selection of beginner kits that contain all the ingredients needed. They also include the instructions for how to start. Lots of styles available.

They also sell a basic equipment kit that contains everything needed except for the boil pot.

The included instruction book should get you going, they also carry a few books there that are very good references. You can also always ask questions here and get them answered.

Best bet is to stop by Marcello's and ask for Kevin. He'll be more than happy to explain the kits and options to you. It doesn't take much at all to start making great beer at home.
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum