Keggles

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Keggles

Postby BIGALE » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:27 pm

I have been looking into making a keggle and have seen many keggle's with the Anheuser-Busch stamp on them, online. Are these, so called legally aquired or paid the the deposit and kept it kegs? If they are so called LEGAL kegs,where can I get one around Lafayette? Thanks for any info.
BIGALE

Postby aleguy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:09 pm

The keggles you are referring to are strictly outlaw kegs. AB has all it's decommissioned kegs destroyed. Most of them aren't paid the deposit and kept the keg. They were fished out of the coulee, or the marsh and refused return. If they are refused return, they constitute abandoned property. I don't care what the breweries say. If they want their kegs back, they need to be prepared to give the deposit to whoever brings them in, regardless of paperwork.
Legal sources for keggles are fewer than you might think. Sabco nearly always has them, and a few other sources sell them from time to time. they are all online, and there is no local source that I'm aware of. but forthe price of a legal Keggle you might want to consider a purpose-made homebrew kettle. Some of them are very cost-competitive with the legal keggles.
aleguy

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum