Learn To Homebrew Day - Nov 2, 2013

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Learn To Homebrew Day - Nov 2, 2013

Postby jimmiec » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 am

On Saturday November 2, 2013, we will meet up at Marcello's side parking at 10 am to brew an extract beer and an all-grain beer. Of coarse, anyone (club member or non-club member) is welcome to come to participate and / or ask questions regarding homebrew.

Anyone wanting to volunteer to brew or cook?

Since there is no official recipes for this event, is there anything that you guys would like the club to brew? The club will take care of bringing the equipment to brew an extract and all-grain (in a cooler) beer. Additionally, the club and Marcello's will take care of the grains and extract for the 2 brews. Anyone is welcome to bring their brewing system (RIMS, cooler, etc), or brewing equipment (wort chiller, etc.) to show off, explain, and / or brew with us.

At the last meeting a new member brought a couple pumpkin spiced cider that was really good. Anyone is welcome to show how they brew a cider, mead, or a wine even.

AHA resources for Learn to Homebrew: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/p ... mebrew-day
Last edited by jimmiec on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
malt waster
jimmiec

Re: Learn To Homebrew - Nov 2, 2013

Postby aleguy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 am

Perhaps it would be wise to see that Marcello's applies for a permit for this event. If the permits truly are for retailers. As I recall a fair bit of home brew is served on the premises.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Re: Learn To Homebrew Day - Nov 2, 2013

Postby tattoo-mama » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Justin will bring his chillier and I can bring some food.
ANCHORS AWAY!
tattoo-mama

Postby jimmiec » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:32 pm

I can do an all-grain cooler brew, and I'll bring the equipment and ingredients for it. Probably will do some kind of lager (may be a bock) or else a sour. I can bring some food too (boudin). We could try different boudins. If we have to use the club grill, I'll look into getting a table for it (hopefully Sam's Club still has it) so we don't have to cook on our knees again. I got some beer to share.

Not sure what we can do about college football. I'll see what we can do about that or some music. I got a speaker that we can stream the radio or such from a phone.

Would be nice to get a pop-up tent and water filter. What else do we need or want? Anyone what to brew an extract kit, which Marcello's will provide and DYS will provide the equipment. Any beer or food are welcome.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby tattoo-mama » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:03 pm

I would like to be able to get two tents. we have two tables at the house we can bring.
Justin is going to make flyers to put up on campus, greenroom, taproom, ect.
I can get some chips and dip along with some sausage and boudin. if we can get the club pit that would be great. justin and i can man the grill.
can we find it in the budget to get some canopy tents for club events?
we have our water filter, but talk to Justin about it using it.
do you have a speaker system for your phone. I have one we can use. Its not for an I-phone though. its for a droid.
I can t think of anything else....other than i would like to get one more system out there to brew beer.
we will be bringing some beer also.
I encourage all members attending to bring homebrew to share!
ANCHORS AWAY!
tattoo-mama

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum