Requests for a beer to bring to the next meeting

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Requests for a beer to bring to the next meeting

Postby Mob_Barley » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:07 pm

I'm on a rig south of Houston and will be coming back on the 28th. I plan on stopping at SPECS either in Houston or Beaumont. Does anyone have any requests for a couple of beers that we can't get in Louisiana that I can buy at SPECS and bring to the next meeting for everyone to try? You can log on to their website and check out their inventory at:

http://www.specsonline.com/cgi-bin/snf? ... index=Beer

I'll try to find one of the larger stores in Houston that might have a better selection than the store in Beaumont.
"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of good beer."
Mob_Barley

Postby aleguy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:24 pm

I vote for Fat Tire. Stone Ruination would be good too, but james brought some two months ago. Dogfish Head Raison d'etra and Midas Touch are two beers I've been really wanting to try. The Dogfish beers would be my personal highest priority since I've tasted the others.
aleguy

Postby triple-oh_six » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks for the offer, that's an awesome gesture.
I have a bottle of Lagunitas IPA taht i'll be bringing to the next meeting.

Ruination would be awesome, that's a damn good beer.
Maybe Sierra Nevada Big foot or NewBelgium Trippel
triple-oh_six

Postby Mob_Barley » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:01 pm

I asked the guy in Beaumont about Alesmith Speedway Stout, but he'd never heard of Alesmith. Kept trying to sell me Samuel Smith. Are any of the beers you mention available in Louisiana. I'm looking to pick up some that we wouldn't normally be able to try.
Mob_Barley

Postby Mob_Barley » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:03 pm

I'll take my reading glasses in to SPECS next time I go. I couldn't read half the labels and ended picking up a lot of 750 ml bottles since the labels were larger. Sucks getting older, huh Red.
Mob_Barley

Postby aleguy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:41 am

as far as I know, none of those beers are available anywhere in Louisiana. thats why we suggested them.
aleguy

Postby Mob_Barley » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:23 pm

You can pick up the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot at the wine store accross from Posada's behind Charley G's.
Mob_Barley

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:42 pm

bdjwayne wrote:You can pick up the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot at the wine store accross from Posada's behind Charley G's.

Cool, Kevin hasn't been able to get it lately.
triple-oh_six

Postby Mob_Barley » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:21 pm

I feel like a traitor going over there, but they have some really good beers. Like the Rochefort Trappist beers, and Achel Trappist beers. There may be others that Marcello's doesn't have, but it's hard to know without really knowing their inventory. The guy is real nice and knowledgeable about his beers. It's on my side of town also, which saves a drive across town.
Mob_Barley

Postby yeastmeister » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:35 am

Hmmmm....I think Kevin has both the Rochefort Trappist beers, and Achel Trappist beers. At least thats what the empty bottles I drank last night say on them. I picked them up from Kevin. Of course, I also picked up a 4 pack of Delirium Tremens. Gotta love the pink elephants.....
yeastmeister
Site Admin

Postby Mob_Barley » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 am

I got some Rochefort beers from Kevin a while back, but he told me he couldn't get them any more. But, things change quickly. I'll try to find some unique beers and bring them. I would like to try the Delirium Tremens, I've read about them somewhere. Those Sierra Nevada Bigfoots (Bigfeet if you get more than one bottle) would be a nice beer to cellar for a few years.
Mob_Barley

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum