2013 Gulf Brew

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

2013 Gulf Brew

Postby tattoo-mama » Wed May 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Hello my fellow brewers!

I Would like to get as many volunteers as possible for gulf brew this year.
We do not want to have a few people serving with them never being able to enjoy the other beers being served.
So I would like to have a schedule made.
If you are willing to volunteer an hour of your evening please look at the times and add your full name so I can start writing it down so I can contact you to remind you about your volunteer time. Thanks!

Date to be announced:

5:30-6:30:
6:30-7:30
7:30-8:30
8:30-9:30
ANCHORS AWAY!
tattoo-mama

Re: 2013 Gulf Brew

Postby jimmiec » Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 am

I emailed the the Event Coordinator for AcA and Erica says they are having the Gulf Brew event this year but it will be held October 19th instead of the usual July time slot. I was going to copy the email but there is some additional personnel info.

Unfortunately, I think this will be the same weekend as Dixie Cup.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby dunkelbier » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:29 pm

Can't go to Houston, so sign me up...never been, so hopefully there will be some experienced help there with me.
dunkelbier

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:07 am

dunkelbier wrote:Can't go to Houston, so sign me up...never been, so hopefully there will be some experienced help there with me.

Thanks for volunteering, we'll provide more details in the coming months.

It's a fun event, you will have a good time, and don't worry, you will have plenty of direction.
triple-oh_six

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:51 pm

It was just announced that Gulf Brew will be at The Lafayette Horse Farm.
triple-oh_six

Postby dunkelbier » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:20 am

Sounds good....can't wait to go!
dunkelbier

Postby jimmiec » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:06 am

I can donate the following styles:
jimmiec - Dunkleweizen (5 gallons)
jimmiec - Porter (5 gallons)
jimmiec - Hefeweizen (5 gallons)
Last edited by jimmiec on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby sdspespo1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:28 pm

jimmie sounds like you've been doin' some brewin'.
sdspespo1

Postby jimmiec » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Not really. I have not made any of those yet, just on the calendar to be brewed. I need to brew the mentioned brews badly for competitions coming up and should have time to get them done. Half going to Gulf Brew if needed. Probably going to be some split batches though. Did brew a couple others in the some what heat we are having this summer (Baltic Porter and Robust Porter). I'm ready to brew this fall though.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby triple-oh_six » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Do I still have any volunteers for Gulf Brew? I need at least a few people who are experienced with setting up the kegs.

Please respond if you are going to help. I need everyone that I can get.
triple-oh_six

Postby triple-oh_six » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:00 am

For those who do not know, the problem with the ATC has been resolved. We are planning to go on with plans as usual, serving hombrew, and doing a demo. So far, I have only one person who has committed to helping. If I don't have more definite volunteers, I will be forced to cancel our involvement.
We get great exposure at this event, and our beer is always the highlight. I really want the club to participate this year, however limited it may be.
I've been working out of town every week for months now, working very long hours, and really feeling overwhelmed, I could really use some help.
I've been talking to the ACA, and getting things ready, and as of now, they are expecting us to be there, but if I can't get more involvement by this Friday, I will need to tell the ACA that we can't participate.
Thanks, James
triple-oh_six

Postby jimmiec » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:18 am

I will be at Marcello's on Wednesday evening at 600 PM to do a tasting of the DYS donations to Gulf Brew. I'll be there with my donations and will bring ball lock and pin lock fittings for the tasting. We will go over what to expect at Gulf Brew (set up, etc.) and meet up times for the volunteers. We will post results here.
Last edited by jimmiec on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby jimmiec » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:31 am

There were some assumptions in what and how long people are willing to volunteer. Just post if you want to volunteer or edit something here and I will edit this post. Additionally I will update this post based on any facebook correspondence or edits to the document..

Go ahead and edit the document as you see fit. There were some assumptions in what and how long people are willing to volunteer.

Donations:
1. Robust Porter - Jimmie
2. Dunkelweizen - Jimmie
3. Hefeweizen - Jimmie
4. English Brown Ale - Brian
5. Brown Porter - Chris and Jesse
6. Lawnmower - Justin and Sarah
7. 3 kegs - Gene

Volunteers (set up, serving, brewing):
1. Jim - brewing, clean up
2. Kent and 5 firends (10:00-10:30 meeting at Marcello) - set up, serve 1st or 2nd shift, and clean up
3. David and wife (10:00-10:30 meeting at Marcello) - set up, serve 1st or 2nd shift / brewing, and clean up
4. James (10:00-10:30 meeting at Marcello) - brewing, and cleanup (hopefully)
5. Steve - set up and serve 1st or 2nd shift (hopefully)
6. Brian and girl (02:00 meeting at Horse Farm) - set up and serve 1st or 2nd shift (hopefully)

Tasting - Wednesday at Marcello's 6 PM - Completed and all the beers tasted amazing. Kegs are in the cooler at Marcello's

Equipment - Kent is bring the all the serveing equipment (trough, coffin, etc.), dolly (for ice and carry items), and a white board to list available beers on tape. Kent and David will be able to take the kegs to the Horse Farm. Brian is going to bring a full 5-lbs CO2 tank and extra threaded pinlock couplers. On the kegs at Marcello's, I will leave paper bag with additional gas and liquid threaded pinlock couplers, bard to threaded fittings (connect the tubing to coupler), and a tap wrench. Additionally, I'm leaving a banner at Marcello's that the ACA will help you hang or it can be hung on the table. Please do not cut the lines on the hyrda gas line. They have the treaded fitting and the threaded pinlock couplers and be screwed on.

Set up - Pick up kegs at Marcello's 10AM Saturday; Set up equipment at Horse Farm 11AM Saturday. ACA will provide ice and a table.

Serving - Serving at Horse Farm 5:00-6:00pm (Earlybird VIP tasting) and 6:00-9:00 PM Saturday. Listed times are approximate. Split it up into 2 shifts or how ever you guys see fit. 1st shift 5:00-7:00 and 2nd 7:00-9:00. We will have some help with serving from ACA volunteers. If you are a 2nd shift, please show back up so that the 1st shift volunteers can be relieved. Additionally, we probably can shorten the shifts because we most likely will run out of beer early. I always went early for something like the 1st shift because you can walk around before the doors are open and normally vendors and such are set up early.

James will get the festival passes while we are stting up equipment. Don't need a pass to get in for setting up.
Last edited by jimmiec on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
malt waster
jimmiec

Postby triple-oh_six » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:56 pm

We can enter from Red Lerille's parking lot. After 2:00 I believe we can get in through the front.

The demo will be in the Experts and Brewers tent, and we may be serving there as well.

GB map.jpg
GB map.jpg (109.02 KiB) Viewed 12303 times

Does anybody have co2? We will need a tank.
triple-oh_six

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum