Thank you Volunteers!!!

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Thank you Volunteers!!!

Postby triple-oh_six » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:05 pm

I want to give a huge thank you to all who volunteered at Gulf Brew. We were seriously understaffed and short on beer, but we pulled through.

Steve, Dave, and my dad were a huge help for the demo brew, I could not have done it without them. Thanks to you guys also for running back to your houses to pick up stuff that I forgot b/c I'm a jackass (I totally just ignored my checklist, even forgot the recipe, luckily I know that beer really well)

Hopefully we can get more help next year, this is a volunteer event, and I realize that many club members had other things that took priority, but I was just surprised by how much the participation went down from last year. Please let me know if there is a reason that any of you don't want to do Gulf Brew anymore, if there's a problem, we need to know so we can resolve it.

Again, thanks everyone, for your time and/or beer, you guys rawk!!!
:twisted:

...and the BVIP is bubbling away nicely!
triple-oh_six

Postby aleguy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 pm

I hereby withdraw my previous offer of help.
Last edited by aleguy on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Never trust a skinny chef, a sober brewer, or a cat with thumbs!
aleguy

Postby triple-oh_six » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:36 pm

That doesn't sound like you are "speaking for yourself"

You are entitled to your opinion, and your voice is heard here, but I think these charter members that you are speaking of, can speak their own mind.
triple-oh_six

Postby sdspespo1 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:11 pm

I think that as short handed as we were we made a good showing. The guys serving got tired but there were few bodies go around. We had beer left at the end so worked out with beer volumes. For a wet rainy day with all the mishaps we did OK.
sdspespo1

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum