Louisiana Beer Festiuval in Alexandria

Forum for all brewing related questions and information

Moderators: triple-oh_six, yeastmeister

Louisiana Beer Festiuval in Alexandria

Postby S. Parks » Fri May 25, 2012 1:24 pm

Hello all. As many of you may know already, the Louisiana Beer Fest is coming to Alexandria at the Riverfront Center on August 11th. the event in Lake Charles was an incredible event, with the best selection of beer I've seen so far at a festival (JMO). They are trying to get a Home Brew comp sanctioned for the Alexandria event, by the AHA. I know there is not time to prepare. They are looking for sixty entries minimum to hold a comp. so far between myself and Shade Tree and the Mash Monsters, I know of about 25 to 26 entries that various brewers have committed to entering. I will be at the club meeting on the 5th to discuss all of this. Are they any other Dead yeast folks that may want to enter a HB comp if we get it pulled together. Ira Sawyer of the lake Charles club has agreed to help host the comp, get BJCP judges. The sooner I hear back from folks the sooner we may be able to pull this off. Anyone who wants to come up and pour beer at my booth from any club around the state is welcome too. :D
S. Parks

Postby jimmiec » Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm

I would enter but not going to be here the month of July. Hope to make it back in time for the event and bring a cornie or two to serve.
malt waster
jimmiec

Return to DeadYeast Main Forum